Thursday, January 4, 2007

With All the Hoody-Hoo

Hey folks. Just wanted to drop a quick entry to let y'all know that I made it through the New Years festivities relatively unscathed.

I ended up galavanting through Dupont Circle earlier in the evening, anxiously awaiting what turned out to be a way-overhyped lezzie bash. The fliers looked so awesome, you guys! They promised tons of scantily-clad early-to-mid-twenties women with sharp fashion sense and intellect and wit to boot. I was really excited. Of course, when I got there a good 45 minutes after the doors had officially opened and there was only a handful of women. I'm going to try to be, well, not an asshole here. They were...less than desirable. I'll leave it at that.

So right around when I figured out that the party in the city, you know, sucked, one of my best friends called. She's going to a house party that she's not excited about either, and wanted someone she knows and likes (a stretch, I know) there with her. I booked it out of the district and back to my car in Springfield, got over to Herndon, then Sterling. That party also blew, but at least there was alcohol. And a housefire a few doors down! And everyone was high except me and the pregnant girl who was to be our DD later in the evening. Went back to the friend's place around 1:30, drank a bit more, made drunk!taquitos (okay, her dad made them for us - you know you don't trust drunkards with an oven.) and passed out. Woke up pretty early, drove home.

So yeah, that was it.

Sorry I don't have anything funny or entertainingly anecdotal to report on. Maybe before the break is over, I'll have something awesome.
OH! Of course I will! I'm going to The L Word Season 4 Premiere Party hosted by the HRC (at a club in the really ghetto part of NE DC, oh god.) on January 7th. I'm so super psyched about that. Pam Grier, who plays Kit, is going to be there! And I think Mary's going to make it down, which makes me way happy. I'm so glad we're talking again. We may or may not be dating in the near future, soooo...I'll keep you updated on that. But I'm not going to turn this into a T is for Trashed rerun. For reals.

Now as probably all of my readers know, there is a mega America's Next Top Model marathon on VH1. I really must get my gay on.

Until next time, y'all.

No comments: